Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An award? For ME?

Yep, I won an award!! Yay!! I think I got one from someone else a while back and by the time I realized I should do something with it, I couldn't find who or what it was. I'm slowly coming around to understand a bit more about the world of blogging. =)

OK, so about MY award. Another fabulous mom gave me the Sunshine Award. The Sunshine Award is for bringing a little Sunshine into someone's life.
::aww, shucks!::

So the person that gave me this award is
  • awesome
  • a great mom
  • gifted in blog design, photoshop, and other things
  • has one of the cutest daughters on this planet

Check out Chrysanthemum on her blog Sasstastic where she shares her life with her beautiful, adorable, I could go on, daughter, and her awesome husband.

Thanks Chrysanthemum!! I'm so glad to have you in my circle of e-friends.

So the Sunshine Award Rules are as follows:
1.Thank the person who gave it to you!
2.Share 10 things about yourself
3.Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you think deserve this award!
4.Contact the bloggers and let them know you’ve picked them for the award.

So....10 things about me:

1 - My longstanding house rule (no matter what house I'm in) is "No talking before coffee." Poor Alligator will learn that someday I'm sure. My niece sure knows it. One day I told her, "Gianna, I have to have coffee first, you know that" and she responded with ::sighs:: "I KNOW. If you don't have your coffee you'll throw me off the roof!" Haha. You know I wouldn't really do that, but that proves that a 4 year old really does understand.

2 - I don't like cleaning. I do it because I get ansty when things are yucky. But I hate it the whole time. My family always calls me "Monica" from friends because they think I enjoy cleaning in that way, but I don't, I just have to have things just so sometimes.

3 - My husband and I call each other Schnook. (Or schnookie, schnooker, schnookums, schnookybutt, or some variation of that.) It came from a good friend of ours making fun of us when we started dating. We hit it off so well really fast, he made fun of us by referring to each of us as schnookums. Well, thanks Grumpy, it stuck! (Grumpy is his nickname since college - long story for another day!)

4 - I make stuff. I make lots of different stuff too. I try to sell it on Etsy or I give it as gifts. I'm actually in the process of getting some things I make into a few stores. Yay!!

5 - I do not like paying full price for anything. I think it is from my retail days at The Gap, but I just can't allow myself to buy something unless it is on sale. My sister calls me cheap. I say I'm frugal and I like it.

6 - Cupcakes/Cake and me: we're tight. I love cake and cupcakes. It really is a problem. Especially given that I haven't lost all of the pregnancy weight yet. =( I used to make cakes and cupcakees and cookies a lot for the hubs to bring to his work. But I cannot allow myself to leave that in the house right now or I.WILL.EAT.IT.

7 - I want to learn Spanish and speak it fluently. That is one of my life goals. 2 years in high school doesn't get you there. I'm working on learning more, slowly but surely.

8 - I swore I wouldn't join Facebook or Twitter, but look at me now! Find me on Facebook or Twitter if you want, because I'm there!

9 - I pick up other chicks in public. My husband thinks it's funny. I think my family thinks it is weird. But I make friends with other ladies with babies out in public sometimes. Sometimes we exchange numbers. Making friends is hard as an adult, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

10 - I am addicted to a watching HGTV, any Friends or Seinfeld episodes. I seriously could watch any of those ALL.DAY.LONG. Sometimes I do.

Here is my list of fabulous blogs that add some sunshine to MY life.

Staying in the Loop
The Life of Rylie and Bryce Too
The Mommy Diaries
Operation Little Crockett
Life is Good

Working on the last 5 lovely bloggers. =)


And just to give a daily dose of cuteness...a picture of my Alligator.

No comments:

Post a Comment