Friday, August 29, 2008

I did it...

I ordered some diaper making supplies. Do I have children? No. Am I pregnant? No not yet... Am I possibly crazy? Yes.

So
Lani and I have been talking...well typing because I work and she has 3 babies, so we IM our conversations...about cloth diapers. She has tried and tested various kinds and spent lots of money in the process. How hard can it be to make them I wondered... So after talking and searching and talking and searching more... I finally bought some stuff. I don't have a "pattern" to go by, but I have the general idea. I also have 3 wonderful babies that will test any diapers I make for me. ;-)

So I bought some 2 mil PUL, some Organic Bamboo Velour, some Hook & Loop, and some elastic. I need to swing by Joann's and get some Micro Fleece.....dam another trip to Joann's!! (::sarcasm::) Oh an I think I need to get some 100% Polyester thread, I read that helps with the wicking between layers. I heard for the stuffers that the Dollar Store has microfiber clothes for $1 for a big piece. Thats pretty good, so I will have to check that out. I could buy it cheaper online, but then I have to pay for shipping and I hate paying for shipping.

So I have an idea of how I'm going to make the diaper. I am thinking of making the inner a combo of the OBV and the MF to maximize the cuts of the OBV since its more expensive. Plus its super absorbent anyway, so we will have to see how it goes. :-) Thanks Lani!

So I will give you an update when I get started. For now I have another diaper bag to make for an upcoming shower. I have a pair if Lilly Pulitzer pants to turn into a bag for Angela. I have to make more stuff to sell in my
Etsy Store. I have to clean my house...dam. I need to get going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment