Gianna's bed is DONE!
Well, mostly done...still have some paint touch ups to do, but need to do those a day she isn't home so it can dry, and have to install the curtains to hide everything.
She didn't sleep in her big girl bed the first night, but she has been sleeping in it ever since. We installed a different kind of bed rail though, so she felt more safe up so high. But now she's got all that room under her bed to store all her junk!
This bed cost less than $300 for me to make. (Including paint and screws and bolts and things.) We didn't follow a pattern or anything really, just sort of figured out how to make it...not too bad I think. Here are a couple pictures of the bed in her room...